Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Haiti Experience

Haiti Journal Entry
Friday July 8, 2011 1:46AM
Lebanon, PA
So here I am, Lord.  I am as ready as I can be.  I have prepared as much as I can prepare.  I am trying to maintain a positive attitude after maybe an hour or two of sleep.  I pray for strength in my body and heart.  I pray for sharpness of my mind.  Thank You for this opportunity.  You have brought me so far in such a short amount of time.  Now it is time to test my faith, once again.  It is time to step out into the unknown and trust You will be there.  Please keep our spirits high.  Please keep us healthy.  Please allow us to be your disciples.  Amen...
Twenty minutes later...KAAAHHHBOOOOMMM!!!!!  A lightning bolt crashed into the earth a few miles from me and unleashed an echo of thunder that rattled my car.  Thirty seconds later...torrential rain.  “WHAT IS THIS?!,” I though to myself.  “How can the weather go from total clam to a violent lightning storm in only the few minutes?!”  I had barely made it out of my neighborhood and was already facing intense opposition.  I am sleep deprived, lightning is hitting the ground fairly close to me, and I can’t see more then a few feet in front of my car.  Right then I knew this trip was going to be epic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment